On this Clean Air Day, check out these tips to limit exposure to air pollution:
- Check the air quality readings in your local area. Visit www.weather.ca for your local conditions.
- On days with poor air quality, stay indoors and keep your windows and doors closed. Reschedule outdoor activities for another day if possible.
- Carpool or take public transit. Consider biking or walking as alternate ways to get around.
- Do not use gas or diesel-powered lawn mowers, leaf blowers or gardening equipment as these devices create lots of air pollution.
- Don’t burn wood or trash. Instead of burning debris, start a compost pile in your backyard for organic materials.
For more information about how to breathe freely this summer, call The Lung Association at 1-888-566-LUNG (5864) or visit www.lung.ca.