On February 15, 1965, Canadians flew the Maple Leaf Flag for the first time.
- The Beatles had 5 number one hits
- Bonanza was the top TV show
- The smoking rate was 50%
- Men could expect to live to the age of 67
- Women could expect to live to the age of 74
A lot has changed:
- Beyoncé and Jay Z are the top song artists
- The Walking Dead is the top TV show
- The smoking rate is now slightly less than 20%
- Men can expect to live to the age of 78
- Women can expect to live to the age of 83
There is still much work to be done. According to the Conference Board of Canada over 3 million Canadians of all ages have a serious lung disease. Together we can continue to fight lung disease.
When you can’t breathe, nothing else matters.