Canadian Lung Association Blog

Monthly Archives: February 2016

BC Communities tackle radon issue

BC Communities tackle radon issue

You can’t see it, smell it or taste it, but radon gas can have serious health consequences if left to accumulate to unhealthy levels indoors.  The number one cause of lung cancer after smoking, radon gas is a known carcinogen that can make its way into any home, school or workplace where the building comes into contact with the soil. It is also Canadians’ leading cause of radiation exposure. This past fall, a dozen BC communities, including the City of Prince George took action to raise awareness of radon and encouraged residents to test their homes. “The first step was

Tagged with:
Posted in radon